Pastel Lavender Striping Nail Art
Posted: Oct 12 2014 by Alexandria Brady
These whimsical pastel nails are by kristina.nails! We love this creamy pastel look, but you could also mix it up with a bolder color combo! To start off, paint your nails a pastel lavender, Kristina used NCLA Downtown Dollface, but you could also use:
- Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau: A frosty mint robin's egg blue
- Model's Own Apple Pie: Apple Pie is a minty apple green, and it's also apple pie scented!
After your base polish dries, using the bottle brush, paint a stripe vertically down the center of the nail, it doesn't have to be perfect! Here are some lovely lavender polishes you could use for the stripe:
- Model's Own Blueberry Muffin: Blueberry Muffin is another scented polish, and it's a pretty pastel lavender creme.
- NCLA As If!: As If! is a super pale lilac purple creme polish.
- Color Club Holy Chic!: And finally, Holy Chic! is a pastel periwinkle blue creme polish, and don't forget that you can click on each of the polish names to learn more about each one!
After you've painted the stripe down the middle of your nail, cut some striping tape to fit your nail, line it up along the edges of your stripe, and lightly press it down to stick it on tight. Finish with your favorite top coat, and voila! You're done!